On Now & Coming Soon
The Toronto Blue Jays™ Winter Fest at the Rogers Centre
January 18 – January 19, 2020.
Baseball season starts early in Toronto!
Winter Fest presented by TD gives fan Toronto Blue Jays fans the opportunity to see current players, prospects, alumni and Sportsnet personalities. Plus, Jr. Jays™ activities, live entertainment, historic memorabilia, ballpark tours and much more.
Performing ArtsThe 2019/20 Mirvish Theatre season kicks off with the continuation of the award-winning production, Come From Away, which continues at the Royal Alexandra Theatre. In February 2020, Hamilton makes its Canadian debut at Ed Mirvish Theatre.. Additional highlights for Mirvish Productions include:
- The Canadian premiere of Room takes the stage from April 4 to April 26, 2020 at CAA Theatre
- The Canadian premiere of the 2018 Tony® Award-winning Revival, Hello, Dolly! takes the stage from March 24-May 3, 2020 at Princess of Wales Theatre The Canadian premiere of the 2018 Tony® Award-winning Revival, Hello, Dolly! takes the stage from March 24-May 3, 2020 at CAA Theatre
- A three time ‘Canadian Comedy Award’ nominee and 22 time ‘Best of the Fest’ award winner, God Is a Scottish Drag Queen takes the stage from March 20-March 22, 2020 at CAA Theatre
- Summer: The Donna Summer Musical takes the stage from March 10-March 22, 2020 at Princess of Wales Theatre
- The Canadian premiere of Us/Them takes the stage from February 27-March 15, 2020 at CAA Theatre
- Fall in love with the magic of Riverdance with the Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show running from February 25-March 1, 2020 at Princess of Wales Theatre
- The highly-anticipated, Canadian premiere of Hamilton takes the stage from February 11 to April 5, 2020, April 6-May 10, 2020 and May 11-May 17, 2020 at Ed Mirvish Theatre.
- The ladies of Second City return with She The People running from February 4-February 9, 2020 at CAA Theatre
- A Toronto Fringe original production, My Mother’s Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding takes the stage on January 21, 2020 at the Royal Alexandra Theatre.
- The Phantom Of the Opera makes a triumphant return to Toronto from January 8-February 2, 2020 at Princess of Wales Theatre
- The Canadian premiere of Anastasia takes the stage from December 3, 2019-January 12, 2020 at Ed Mirvish Theatre.
- Come From Away continues to run from December 13-March 1, 2020 at the Royal Alexandra Theatre.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra (TSO) highlights include:
- Conducted by former TSO Music Director, Jukka-Pekka Saraste, Lisiecki Plays Beethoven’s Emperor is on from April 1- April 5, 2020.
- Valentine’s weekend at the TSO features Rachmaninoff & Scheherazade on from February 14-February 16, 2020.
- Sir Andrew Davis conducts Mozart Requiem from January 15-January 19, 2020.
- The world premiere of Kelly v. Kelly runs from May 15-June 7, 2020.
- One of the world’s most celebrated dancers and choreographers at The National Ballet of Canada Guillaume Côté stars in Crypto from April 22-26, 2020.
- Award-winning playwright Susanna Fournier presents Always Still the Dawn from April 7-April 26, 2020.
- The world premiere of Af from February 18-March 1, 2020.
- Canadian dancer and choreographer, Marie Chouinard returns to Toronto for Marie Chouinard Radical Vitality: Solos and Duets from February 5-February 20, 2020.
- The Toronto premiere of Sweat runs from January 14-February 2, 2020.
Galleries & Museums
The Aga Khan Museum has partnered with the Luciano Benetton Foundation’s Imago Mundi, dedicated to fostering dialogue and understanding between cultures and communities, is jointly creating a travelling exhibition entitled Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From.
Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO)
Illusions: The Art of Magic | February 22-May 17, 2020
At the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), Illusions: The Art of Magic will transport you back to the time of the Golden Age of Magic when death-defying tricks, daring escapes and colourful personas turned performers like The Incomparable Albini and Harry Houndini into world-famous celebrities.
Ryerson Image Centre (RIC)
A Handful of Dust: From the Cosmic to the Domestic | January 22-April 5, 2020
Visit the Ryerson Image Centre (RIC) to see A Handful of Dust: From the Cosmic to the Domestic, a selection of modern and contemporary images from the last 100 years, focusing on the visual representation of dust in photography, both as an element of the everyday and as poetic allegory.
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)
Bloodsuckers: Legends to Leeches | November 16, 2019-March 22, 2020
Discover the fascinating science lurking beneath the surface of history’s most enduring legends at the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) with Bloodsuckers: Legends to Leeches. Vampire bats and birds, live leeches and lampreys, and more of nature’s most bloodthirsty animals star in this ROM-original exhibition.
Ring in Spring early!
Toronto Art Crawl presents SPRING POP UP, taking place at The Great Hall on April 5, 2020. Shop for original art, fashion, jewelry, home décor, vintage, photography, body care and more from 60 local artists and designers.