Top 5 Things To Do With Families
- See the animals.With polar bears and baby animals and hundreds of other creatures to see, the Toronto Zoo is a year-round must for animal lovers. A deep sea adventure awaits at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada and the Bat Cave at the Royal Ontario Museum is a fun way for kids to discover the real stories behind these mysterious creatures.
- Try new food.Toronto is home to many different ethnicities and the restaurants and food that kids around the world have been enjoying for years. How about Middle Eastern tabule or Chinese dim sum or even Canadian bannock?
- Get outside.The Harbourfront area always has something going on whether it’s boat cruises in the summer or skating in the winter runs all year round and gives you the best view of the Toronto skyline and the chance to stroll around in a car-free environment.
- Be hands on.Take a Master Builder workshop or check out the dozens of other bricktacular activities at LEGOLAND® or try tile painting and clay modelling at the Gardiner Museum.
- Dig into history.The Fort York National Historic Site was the scene of a major battle in the War of 1812 and its fortified buildings and real cannons bring history alive. Or visit the Aga Khan Museum for a window into ancient worlds and Muslim civilization from the Iberian Peninsula to China.
Itineraries / Recommendations
- A Perfect Day in Toronto – Lonely Planet
- Taking Over Toronto With Teens– Calgary Herald
- 50 Things to Do with Kids in and Around Toronto This Summer – Today’s Parent
- Top 10 Family Activities in Ontario – National Geographic