5 Great Nights Out in Toronto
- Go live. Seven nights a week, and some afternoons too, live music can be heard all around Toronto. Roots music at The Dakota Tavern, swingy jazz at The Reservoir or Latin at Lula are just some of the myriad options at intimate, affordable venues.
- Play on the edge. Axe throwing, knife throwing, dart throwing – these are just a few of the games people play in Toronto. For an even bigger thrill, try walking on the edge on the CN Tower 116 stories up. Be sure to look down.
- Enjoy a spectacular meal. Whether that means trying some amazing new ethnic food or a taste of local or dining with an exceptional view, indulge yourself at one of thousands of remarkable restaurants in Toronto.
- Have a big league encounter. Toronto is home to multiple professional sports teams, all with downtown venues. That means on any given day throughout the year you have the option of having a thrilling major league experience right in the heart of the city.
- Get outdoors. A quick ferry ride from downtown at the foot of Bay Street over to Ward’s Island will reward you with one of the most stunning views of the Toronto skyline. In the warmer months, stay for meal at the quaint, Island Café and stroll the boardwalk that overlooks Lake Ontario. Here during the winter? Go for a skate lakeside at scenic Harbourfront or go urban at iconic Nathan Phillips Square.
- A Perfect Day in Toronto – Lonely Planet
- In Two Days – Frommer’s
- The Ultimate 24-Hour Guide to Canada’s Biggest City – Matador Network
- 36 Hours in Toronto – New York Times
- Toronto Travel Guide – Fodor’s Travel