If the thought of hearing classical music in an underwater-like setting floats your boat, be shore to swim by Ripley’s Aquarium on December 7, from 8-11 p.m.
- Experience music in whole new environment. Instead of the usual concert hall, at Ripley’s you’ll be surrounded by glass aquariums and tunnels and the other-worldly lighting that goes with them.
- Experience sea animals in a whole new way. Being able to hang out and observe aquatic life at a relaxed pace is a special treat. You may even notice the fish responding to the serene music, courtesy of the Toronto Chamber Players. Waltzing jellyfish anyone?
- Enjoy some adult beverages in a family-friendly environment. Just because it’s kid-friendly, doesn’t mean the grown-ups can’t enjoy themselves! Cash bars set up in several spots throughout the aquarium mean you can enjoy a beer while communing with the stingrays.
- No line-ups. Although the musical evenings at the aquarium are super popular and sell-out most of the time, you won’t need to stand in line to get in. Your spot is guaranteed if you buy your tickets in advance.
- Tickets cost the same! Even though you’re getting the added bonus of musical entertainment, the ticket prices are no higher than usual. Adult: $30 + HST; Youth: $19.25 + HST; Child: $7 + HST; Senior: $19.25 + HST.
Visit Ripley’s Aquarium’s website for more information and to purchase tickets.