Launch the Holiday Season in Style!
This festive event, a Toronto tradition for over 50 years, features the illumination of Toronto’s official 30-foot (18-metre) Christmas tree, performances by some of Canada’s top musical talent, a brilliant fireworks show and a DJ skating party – all in the heart of the city at Nathan Phillips Square.
The 2019 event features:
Main Stage Schedule
- A pre-show skating Party with DJ Mel Boogie, 6:30 p.m. Spinning hip hop, and funk classics, this award-winning DJ has been a pioneer of Canadian hip hop and has opened for Lauryn Hill, Busta Rhymes, Major Lazer, and more.
- Elder Garry Sault takes the stage for a Traditional welcome acknowledging the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation at 7:20 pm.
- Riit, 7:30 p.m. A new artist in the electropop world from Nunavut with Inuktitut lyrics and rhythmic vocals.
- Lighting of the Tree, 8:10 pm. The first lighting of Toronto’s Official Christmas Tree.
- Lemon Bucket Orkestra, 8:35 pm. An immersive brass band experience, combining guerrilla-folk, punk, and Balkan-folk, in an exciting genre-bending phenomenon.
- Fireworks display, 9:30 p.m.
- 9:35 pm – Skating Party with DJ Mel Boogie:
- Les Oiseaux (The Birds), 6:30, 7:45 & 9:45. A spectacular performance by les Chasseurs with life-like wooden bird Puppets.
- The Queen, 8:20, 9:00 & 10:10. A mesmerizing journey with eccentric characters swaying high above the ground by Creation In Vivo.
Don’t worry if you miss the kick-off event, the 525,000 lights and beautiful 60-foot Christmas tree will be twinkling away every evening all through the holiday season.