Launch the Holiday Season in Style!
This festive event, a Toronto tradition for nearly 50 years, features the illumination of Toronto’s official Christmas tree, performances by some of Canada’s top musical talent, a brilliant fireworks show and a DJ skating party – all in the heart of the city at Nathan Phillips Square.
The 2018 event features:
- Skating Party with DJ Sean Sax, 6 p.m. Spinning hip hop and funk classics, this veteran DJ has been a prominent fixture in Toronto’s music scene for more than 25 years.
- Tanika Charles, 6:50 p.m. A Polaris Music Prize and 2017 Juno R&B/Soul Recording of the Year-nominee, Charles is a staple on the Canadian soul scene.
- Tami Neilson, 7:40 p.m. Renowned for her powerhouse vocals and soulful voice, Neilson’s music is straight from the golden age of country and rockabilly.
- Illuminair, 8:25 p.m. Toronto’s acclaimed circus performance troupe is known for its breathtaking shows using fire and light.
- Fireworks display, 8:35 p.m.
- Concert featuring Kobo Town 8:40 p.m. These Toronto favourites, and 2018 Juno Award World Music Album of the Year winners, are known for their distinct calypso-inspired sound mixed with dancehall reggae and trombone-heavy brass.
- Skating Party with DJ Dre Ngozi, 9:40 p.m. Her work is fueled by a mash-up of sounds, a true reflection of Dre Ngozi’s nomadic spirit.
Don’t worry if you miss the kick-off event, the 525,000 lights and beautiful 60-foot Christmas tree will be twinkling away every evening all through the holiday season.