About Tourism Toronto
Tourism Toronto is an industry association of more than 1,000 partners established to sell and market the greater Toronto region as a remarkable destination for tourists, convention delegates and business travelers around the globe. Tourism Toronto, also known as Regional Tourism Organization 5, operates in partnership with the Greater Toronto Hotel Association and the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, in leading the world to Toronto – Canada’s Downtown- and growing the visitor economy.
Social Community Specialist
Reporting to: Director, Brand Content
Nature and Scope:
Tourism Toronto is the official destination marketing organization for the region, “Canada’s Downtown” – encompassing Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton.
Brand Content is a dynamic creative communications team of expert storytellers that thrives in a fast-paced environment built upon strategic thinking and collaboration. We are fortunate to work for one of the most exciting destination brands in the world and an organization that is focused on leading the world to Toronto – Canada’s Downtown – Growing the Visitor Economy.
To act as Tourism Toronto’s voice on all (consumer) social channels, focused on building and engaging an online community of connected advocates who enthusiastically and frequently share our story within their communities. This includes:
- Tourism Toronto voice on all consumer-focused social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Moderate and respond to user content and conversation within Tourism Toronto’s channels
- Identify, engage and build strong relationships with consumers, influencers, media bloggers and other stakeholders (in collaboration with Social Media Manager)
- Diligently maintain content calendar on shared department platform
- Co-manage (with Brand coordinator) user-generated assets including sourcing, categorizing and managing permissions
- Execute all Tourism Toronto paid partner social packs including content development, ambassador assignments, scheduling and reporting
- Monitor and engage as appropriate with other user-generated channels including TripAdvisor
- Collaborate on marketing campaigns, media initiatives, sales initiatives and joint-marketing agreements to leverage social channels
- Develop and maintain systems for tracking Tourism Toronto member participation
- Identify trends and emerging social platforms
- Attend Tourism Toronto member events/properties for the purpose of generating real-time social content
- Summarize insights and conversations and work closely with Social Media Manager on the creation of actionable reports in support of organization objectives.
- 2+ years of social media experience
- Degree/diploma in marketing, communications, journalism or copy writing
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for all things social
- Solid knowledge and appreciation for all things Toronto
- Demonstrated experience with social monitoring tools
- Superior writing and editing skills with an ability to convey a compelling story
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, sound judgment
- Fluency in French would be considered an asset
- Flexibility with hours: Although boundaries are established, community management will require support outside of typical 9-5 working day.
Tourism Toronto looks for candidates who are:
- Passionate about Toronto and inspires passion in others
- Own it: Demonstrates thought leadership.
- Bold and Creative
- Collaborative: Contributes to and shares best practices and helps drive innovation.
- Invested in Learning, Coaching and Growing
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to email@example.com and clearly indicate the application is for the position of “Social Community Specialist”.
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email us. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Tourism Toronto and will directly contact those candidates selected for an interview.