Niagara Falls & Area Day Trips
Day trips are a wonderful way to discover the nearby region and there’s none more awesome than Niagara Falls. One of the Seven Wonders of the World is just an hour-and-a-half drive from Toronto! Packed with attractions, dining and adventure, here are just some of the ways to enjoy your day trip to the Falls and the surrounding region.
- Explore the Falls with Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Whirlpool Jet Boat This whitewater tour speeds along the Lower Niagara River at 80 km/h for a ride that will leave you soaking wet and thrilled to bits.
- Get a truly impressive view, 775 feet above the Falls, with the Skylon Tower.
- Elevators transport you to viewing decks beneath the Horseshoe Falls so you can experience the thundering power of this natural wonder when you Journey Behind the Falls.
- Helicopter is an awesome way to see the Falls and Niagara Helicopters gives you flightseeing tours 365 days a year. To take in a little more of the region, National Helicopters offers thrilling jet helicopter tours from Toronto and Niagara Falls. You get breathtaking views of both the CN Tower in Toronto and the Falls in Niagara.
- Check out the Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory. Just ten minutes north of the Falls, it features over 2,000 colourful tropical butterflies in a lush, exotic setting.
- Sip your way through many of the wineries of Niagara-on-the-Lake, another popular option for a day trip.
- Cap off your Niagara escape with a memorable night at the Shaw Festival Theatre, a leading Canadian theatre company and a gem in Niagara-on-the-Lake producing the works of Bernard Shaw and playwrights from his era.
- Bus tour companies such as Gray Line and Genova take you from Toronto to the Falls and show you all the highlights.
- Find more Niagara Falls tours & day trips with our search tool.