Historic Zion Schoolhouse

Zion Schoolhouse was built in 1869 to provide free public education for children in the small farming community of L’Amaroux. Children from neighbouring farms came to the one-room schoolhouse to learn basic reading, writing and arithmetic as well as agriculture, nature study, geography and history.

The site includes two buildings: a red brick schoolhouse (circa 1869) restored to circa 1910 that can accommodate receptions, meetings or performances for up to 50 people; and a small administrative building.

Zion Schoolhouse interprets the rural schoolhouse as a symbol of progress and a place for education and ideas. The museum hosts events throughout the year and offers educational programming and school trips.

     

    Click or tap the Google logo to open in Google Maps.

    Stay in touch with the latest and greatest in the Toronto area.

    Sign up for our monthly e-news today!

    Close