Scotiabank Nuit Blanche
Saturday, October 5, 2013 | Various Downtown Locations | ScotiabankNuitBlanche.ca
An all-night contemporary art event
Scotiabank Nuit Blanche is Toronto’s annual all-night celebration of contemporary art, produced by the City of Toronto in collaboration with Toronto’s arts community.
The eighth edition of Scotiabank Nuit Blanche will take place Saturday, October 5 from 6:51 p.m. until sunrise. This year’s lineup includes 112 art projects created by more than 500 local, national and international artists who will transform the street of Toronto for a single night. One of the highlights for this year is world-renowned Chinese artist Ai Weiwei’s “Forever Bicycles” sculpture at Nathan Phillips Square. This complex and abstract installation, consisting of 3,144 bicycles, is the largest edition of this work to date. The installation is the only version of the art work to be displayed in an open air, public space.
- Travel Packages: Complete information on all travel packages for Scotiabank Nuit Blanche 2013 can be found at ScotiabankNuitBlanche.ca/Travel-Packages.
- Create a My Night account and personalize your Scotiabank Nuit Blanche experience. Get My Night Planner.
- Après Nuit: Revisit Extended Projects between October 6 – 14 and see them in a new light.
- Read more about the festival curators and the history of Scotiabank Nuit Blanche.
- See the fascinating installations from previous Scotiabank Nuit Blanche events in the event archive.
- Hear about Toronto events and deals: subscribe to the Tourism Toronto e-Newsletter.