- Dates September/October 2016 (dates to be announced)
- Location Various venues
- Official site JFL42.com
Toronto’s Comedy Festival
JFL42 features 10 days of shows from some of the world’s greatest comedians. Choose your headliner(s) and then spend the rest of the festival checking out the 42 other hilarious acts! Past headliners include Louis C.K., Aziz Ansari, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Lena Dunham, Family Guy Live, and more.
Are you ready for some serious laughs? Toronto’s Comedy Festival is back for another year of gut-busting festivities! On September 24, 2015, JFL42 returns to Toronto and promises to deliver the comedic goods.
This year, headliners include late night legend Craig Ferguson, world-renowned funnyman Patton Oswalt, Nerdist Chris Hardwick and multi-talented comedian Colleen Ballinger Evans (in the form of her totally over-the-top Internet character Miranda Sings.)
The 42 Acts
Besides the eight headliners, there’s a slew of hilarious acts to choose from at this year’s JFL42. With the likes of Ari Shaffir, Gilbert Gottfried, Natasha Leggero, T.J. Miller and many more, this troupe of comedic characters will keep you laughing from festival start to finish.
How Do the Passes Work?
Instead of individual tickets, JFL42 has a pass system where you can see one or more of your favourite headliners plus some (or all!) of the other 42 acts. Each pass comes with 2+ credits, where one credit will get you one reservation to see any one act.
Here’s the scoop on how to get the most from your JFL42 experience:
- Start out by purchasing your pass. With 7 different options to choose from, there’s a pass for every comedy-lover:
- If you want a little bit of everything, The Classic JFL42 pass is your ticket to a perfectly side-splitting time.
- If you’re not too hung up on any of those headliners, a Just the 42 pass will let you soak up the acts you really want to see.
- If you can’t pick between these and just want it all, The VIP Pass is your best bet for a fully-loaded festival experience.
- If you want to bypass this entire pass system, you can opt for individual tickets to take in any of the headliners or 42 acts à la carte.
Not too big on comedy? No problem – there are plenty of festivals and events in Toronto to satisfy every taste.
Featured Video: Holiday Trailer 2015
The holiday season in Toronto is a time for family, friends, fun and festivity. In the weeks leading up to Christmas, the city transforms into a wonderland filled with sparkling lights, outdoor skating rinks, snow-covered parks and festive window displays.
Find more Toronto videos on our official YouTube channel.