Toronto’s Comedy Festival
JFL42 features 10 days of shows from some of the world’s greatest, cutting-edge comedians. Choose your headliner(s) and then spend the rest of the festival checking out the 42 other hilarious acts! Past headliners include Louis C.K., Aziz Ansari, Sarah Silverman, Seth Meyers, Lena Dunham and more.
Are you ready for some serious laughs? Toronto’s Comedy Festival is back for another year of gut-busting festivities! On September 21, 2017, JFL42 returns to Toronto and promises to deliver the comedic goods.
This year, headliners include comedy duo Tim and Eric, award-winning comedy writer John Mulaney, comedian and actress Ali Wong, Netflix’s Tom Segura, Thank God For Jokes’ own Mike Birbiglia, the macabre, and yet hilarious, My Favorite Murder and world renowned funnyman, Bill Burr.
NOTE: A fourth show on September 24 for Ali Wong has been added at the Sony Centre since her three shows at the Winter Garden Theatre sold out fast.
THE 42 ACTS
Besides the eight headliners, there’s a slew of hilarious acts to choose from at this year’s JFL42. With the likes of Kenny and Spenny, Ali Siddiq, Eman El-Husseini and many more, this troupe of comedic characters will keep you laughing from festival start to finish.
How Do the Passes Work?
Instead of individual tickets, JFL42 has a pass system where you can see one or more of your favourite headliners plus some (or all!) of the other 42 acts. Each pass comes with 2+ credits, where one credit will get you one reservation to see any one act.
Here’s the scoop on how to get the most from your JFL42 experience:
- Start out by purchasing your pass. With many different options to choose from, there’s a pass for every comedy-lover:
- If you want a little bit of everything, The Classic pass is your ticket to a perfectly side-splitting time.
- If you want to check out the brand new ComedyCon (back for a second year), a ComedyCon Pass gets you that and more.
- If you’re not too hung up on any of those headliners, a Just the 42 pass will let you soak up the acts you really want to see.
- If you can’t pick between these and just want it all, The Super Pass or The VIP Pass are your best bets for a fully-loaded festival experience.
- If you want to bypass this entire pass system, you can opt for individual tickets to take in any of the headliners or 42 acts à la carte.
Want more than laughs? No problem – there are plenty of festivals and events in Toronto to satisfy every taste.