The Rewards of Membership
As a member of Tourism Toronto, your business will benefit from strategic exposure, effective business leads and inside industry access. Our membership programming functions to help you, our valued member, thrive in a competitive tourism market. Tourism Toronto is your partner for success.
We put your business in front of visitors' eyes when they need it most - in trip planning stages and once they've arrived.
Reader-friendly and easy to navigate, www.SeeTorontoNow.com offers visitors the chance to preview our city before they arrive. Features include an extensive calendar of events, pages that highlight the arts, nightlife, family, green city, LGBTQ, luxury and festivals, and a search tool which will direct visitors to exclusive member listing pages (that's right, your business gets an entire page).
Total Visits in 2011: 2,726,253
Toronto Visitor Guide
Divided into several helpful sections, this pocket size guide makes getting around and seeing the best of Toronto easy. Featuring transportation, neighbourhoods, attractions, restaurants and shopping, this guide is designed to maximize visitors' time and enjoyment of the city - and your business. This guide is distributed province-wide via CTM to hotels, attractions, visitor bureaus and out-of-market. View the online version.
2012 distribution: 750,000 copies.
An attractive, clever, inspirational vacation planner to be distributed widely in Mexico, Europe, the U.S and Canada. Featuring compelling editorial, rich photography and thoughtful perspectives on our city, Toronto Magazine is an intelligent, creative and comprehensive showcase of our city. View the online version.
2012 distribution: 210,000 copies.
Consumer Marketing Campaigns
Targeting our many visitor markets strategically through advertising efforts, these campaigns provide our members with opportunities to be part of the promotion of our remarkable destination. (Enhanced benefit, additional participation fees may apply. Speak to your Member Care Specialist.)
Travel Media Exposure
Our communications department works with hundreds of travel writers each year and distributes an e-newsletter featuring members' new products and services to a database of over 1,000 travel journalists.
From citywide conventions and senior tour groups to individual inquiries, our core departments work especially hard to give your business successful leads.
Tap into our Meeting, Convention & Incentive Travel department's sales efforts, and receive Confidential Convention Lists (CCLs) to reach meeting professionals and convention delegates. (Enhanced benefit, additional participation fees may apply. Speak to your Member Care Specialist.)
Our Client Services team assists meeting professionals with confrmed meetings and conventions in Greater Toronto. They deliver Business Opportunity Notifcations (BONs, which are qualifed leads), to members and refer only member products and services.
Members with the resources to accommodate groups beneft from working closely with our Leisure Travel Trade department. This team serves group travel markets - students, senior, FIT (independent travel), auto clubs, etc. and refer only member products and services.
Tourism Toronto's Sales Centre receives nearly 18,000 calls and emails each year from travellers planning to visit Toronto. Our agents promote only member products and services.
Inside Industry Access
Through statistics and networking, Tourism Toronto provides you, as a member, the inside edge of our industry.
Tourism Toronto holds many exclusive events that provide a forum for members to interact and find synergies that facilitate business with one another. Upcoming events can be found in the Member Events section of our website.
Tourism Toronto continually conducts and shares extensive research on industry trends which provides your business an edge above the rest.
Maximize Your Membership
Connect With Other Members and the Tourism Toronto Team
Here are some great ways to make the most of your membership. Ask your Member Care Specialist for more information.
- Attend a Member Orientation: Learn more about how each of Tourism Toronto's five core departments are working to bring tourism business to Toronto and deliver a remarkable destination experience to visitors.
- Update your listing: Keep your listing current and creative - your listing in Tourism Toronto publications and online is your introduction to many lucrative markets. So take the time to write colourfully and upload your logo and a photo to add visual impact by using the "Edit Member Record" function on our site.
- Start networking: Attend one of our valuable member events and use our Membership Directory to contact and collaborate with other members.
Marketing your Business
There are even more ways your Tourism Toronto membership will assist you in marketing your business to the more than 20 million visitors to the Greater Toronto each year:
- Exclusive advertising opportunities in Tourism Toronto publications (Enhanced benefit, additional participation fees may apply. Speak to your Member Care Specialist.)
- Access to local, regional, provincial and national tourism research
- Member decals to proudly display online and at your property
- Quarterly “New Product Updates” to tour operators
- Being part of a dynamic, dedicated association that truly represents and supports the GTA’s tourism industry
For More Information