Sports Planners: Get Your Convention and Visitors Bureau Working for You
Convention & Visitors Bureaus (CVB’s) exist to help you, the sports event organizer. They’re an excellent resource, if you know how to get them working for you. Each CVB offers slightly different services, tailored to its city or region. The following are some services most CVB’s offer.
What you should expect from your CVB
- Assistance gathering proposals for accommodations and venues
- Familiarization tours (FAM) and site inspections
- Promotional literature to send to your attendees before the event
- Help locating services such as transportation or recreation
- Suggested itineraries and group rates
What Tourism Toronto can do for you that other CVB’s don’t
One expert point of contact connects you with all that Toronto has to offer through Tourism Toronto’s comprehensive roster of member products, services and resources. Tourism Toronto partners with you to ensure that you get the most from your Toronto event.
- One of Tourism Toronto’s expert representatives will happily escort you to site inspections and around the city if desired – the representative will provide you with many options and creative suggestions for your sporting event.
- RFP assistance to get you the best value possible.
- Take advantage of Tourism Toronto’s strong network of partners for planning, promoting and producing your sports event.
- Tourism Toronto’s customized projects will enhance your participants experience ensuring that when they arrive in Toronto they feel welcome. The Tourism Toronto team will create unique and creative ways to welcome participants such as city signage, airport banners and much more.
- Tourism Toronto can ensure that you leave a lasting impression on your participants without leaving a negative impression on the planet. If hosting an environmentally friendly and sustainable sporting event is of interest to you, Tourism Toronto can make it easier. Whether it’s putting you in contact with the right hotels and facilities so you can do it on your own or providing you with a green meeting consultant who will help you every step of the way, Tourism Toronto can help make it green.
Contact Tourism Toronto’s sports specialists Shelley Crawford, 905-530-2438 or Sonja Turek, 416-602-8307 for more information on greening your sporting event or to find out how Tourism Toronto can support your event.
Get us working for you. Submit your Request for Proposal today.
With so many exciting possibilities for unforgettable and inspiring incentives, offer your best a rewarding Toronto experience!
Tips & Advice
The Skinny on Carbon Offsetting.
Stay up to date on the hottest shows and events going on in Toronto. Plus be the first to find out about new travel offers.