How to Get Your Convention and Visitors Bureau Working for You
Convention & Visitors Bureaus (CVB’s) exist to help you, the meeting professional. They’re an excellent resource, if you know how to get them working for you. Each CVB offers slightly different services, tailored to its city or region. Following are some services most CVB’s offer.
What you should expect from your CVB:
- Assistance gathering proposals for accommodations and venues
- Familiarization tours (FAM) and site inspections
- Promotional literature to send to your attendees before the conference
- Help locating services such as transportation or recreation
- Suggested itineraries and group rates
What Tourism Toronto can do for you that other CVB’s don’t:
One expert point of contact connects you with all that Toronto has to offer through Tourism Toronto’s comprehensive roster of member products, services and resources. Tourism Toronto partners with you to ensure that you get the most from your Toronto event.
- Take advantage of Tourism Toronto’s strong network of partners. For example, once you’ve decided to consider hosting your event in Toronto the Canadian Tourism Commission may help cover the costs of your flight into the city.
- One of our expert representatives will meet you at the airport and personally escort you to every site inspection and around the city – our representatives will provide you with many options and creative suggestions for your event
Tourism Toronto is one of only a few CVB’s that have a corporate team so we specifically know the needs of corporate and incentive clients.
- RFP assistance to get you the best value possible.
- Our team travels to your show the year before you come to Toronto to better understand your organization and the needs associated with creating a bigger and better experience for your delegates in Toronto.
- Our customized projects will enhance your delegates experience ensuring that when they arrive to our city they feel welcome. Our team will create unique and creative ways to welcome attendees such as city signage, airport banners and much more.
- Our CVB can ensure that you leave a lasting impression on your delegates and not on the earth. If hosting an environmentally friendly and sustainable event is of interest to you, our team can make it easy. Whether it’s putting you in contact with the right hotels and convention facilities so you can do it on your own or providing you with a green meeting consultant who will help you every step of the way Tourism Toronto can help make it green. Visit our green meeting webpage for more information.
Get us working for you. Submit your Request for Proposal today.
With so many exciting possibilities for unforgettable and inspiring incentives, offer your best a rewarding Toronto experience!
Tips & Advice
The Skinny on Carbon Offsetting.
Stay up to date on the hottest shows and events going on in Toronto. Plus be the first to find out about new travel offers.