Guidelines for Travel Media
One of the primary functions of the Toronto Convention and Visitors Association (Tourism Toronto) Communications Department is to assist travel media who are on assignment to produce a Toronto feature. We are happy to assist with accommodations, facilitating visits to attractions and cultural venues, itinerary development and interview needs to accredited travel media on assignment.
We receive a considerable number of requests from travel writers seeking legitimate travel writer privileges. We also receive a number of requests from individuals portraying themselves as travel writers in attempt to receive the same privileges. As a result and to most effectively meet journalists' editorial, photographic and/or broadcast needs, we ask cooperation in following these guidelines:
- Allow at least three business weeks advance notice for media request for assistance. If we receive a request on shorter notice, we may not be able to assist you. Media assistance may be limited to providing a contact list of public relations professionals at the appropriate venues you wish to visit.
- You must send us an original and/or legible copy of any article or broadcast tapes that result in your assisted visit to Toronto. We are unable to assist with future media requests from media who fail to provide us with results.
- Tourism Toronto does not provide complimentary airfare, meals, ground transportation, tour guides or translators. We assess requests on an individual basis but cannot guarantee assistance will be provided on a complimentary basis.
- Tourism Toronto does not guarantee complimentary or press rate accommodations. Complimentary arrangements are provided at the discretion of the host businesses and are subject to availability.
- Black-out periods may be experienced throughout the year that may necessitate a press rate, especially at hotels. Certain dates and events may be subject to restriction including:
- New Year's Eve/Day
- Citywide Meetings & Conventions
- Peak Season (June - October)
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Tourism Toronto does not solicit support for one-night stopovers unless you are on assignment.
- Tourism Toronto does not provide assistance for personal traveling companions. Our primary concern is assisting working press.
- Tourism Toronto does not negotiate advertising trade-out agreements with industry partners.
- If you are producing a fashion/catalog shoot without significant editorial coverage of Toronto a discounted and/or full rate for accommodations applies.
We appreciate your interest in Toronto and look forward to assisting with your research.
Back to Request Form
Travel Media Assistance
Interested in covering Toronto? Fill out our form and let us know how we can help.
We are pleased to provide B-Roll to members of the media. Provide a few details so that we may process your request.
We're here to help! Have
Contact Us »