For Immediate Release
November 24, 2009
Escape to Toronto this holiday season with weekend getaways starting from $99 a night
Toronto, ON - This season, the magic of the holidays begins in Toronto with hot deals and great packages at more than 80 hotels in the Greater Toronto Area starting from just $99 a night. Visitors to Toronto can build their own Toronto Weekend Getaway package featuring the best of accommodations, admission to the season’s must-see exhibitions, and tickets to the most popular holiday shows at www.SeeTorontoNow.com
or by calling 1-800-205-7638.
Escaping to Toronto this winter couldn’t be easier with overnight packages for everyone:
Dead Sea Scrolls at the Royal Ontario Museum
– From ancient Egyptian manuscripts to the Dead Sea Scrolls and a private collector’s precious gems, the opportunity of a lifetime is only available a few final weeks to see the words that have impacted the world with one night accommodation and two general admission tickets to the ROM starting from $145 a night.
BODY WORLDS & The Story of the Heart at the Ontario Science Centre
– Everyone’s heart tells a story and now visitors can discover what their hearts are saying with one night accommodation and two admission tickets to the BODY WORLDS exhibit at the Ontario Science Centre starting from $146 a night.
King Tutankhamun at the Art Gallery of Ontario
– The Golden King has arrived in Canada for the first time in 30 years. Packages offering one night accommodation and two admission tickets to the King Tut exhibit at the AGO start from $138 a night.
The Sound of Music at Princess of Wales Theatre
– The familiar songs of this beloved musical light up audiences with nostalgia this season with one night accommodation and two tickets to the show starting from $202 per night.
The Nutrcracker at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts
– A timeless holiday production sure to enchant hearts and imaginations with stunning set designs and costumes reflecting 19th century Russia. Packages offering one night accommodation and two tickets to the ballet start from $246 per night.
Jersey Boys at the Toronto Centre for the Arts
– The musical hits of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons can be heard at the hit play but packages with one night accommodation and two tickets to the award winning show starting from $260 per night have audiences singing along.
The Bills Toronto Series at Rogers Centre
– Back this December 3rd, sports fans can get into the action as the Buffalo Bills take on the New York Jets at Rogers Centre with packages including one night hotel accommodations and two game tickets starting from $272.
Other Toronto holiday highlights and events this season include:
- Stuff Happens at the Royal Alexandra Theatre from November 14 - December 23
- Santa Claus Parade from Bloor Street West & Christie Street to Front Street & Church Street on November 15
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular at Air Canada Centre (ACC) from November 16 - 18
- Gourmet Food & Wine Expo at Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) from November 19 – 22
- Scotiabank Cavalcade of Lights at various neighbourhoods citywide from November 28 - December 31
- Fiddler on the Roof at the Canon Theatre from December 8 – January 10
To plan or book a Toronto Weekend Getaway or for a full calendar of events travelers should visit www.SeeTorontoNow.com
or call 1-800-205-7638.
About Tourism Toronto
Tourism Toronto, Toronto’s Convention and Visitors Association, is an industry association of more than 1,200 members established to sell and market the Greater Toronto Region as a remarkable destination for tourists around the globe.
Media Relations Associate, U.S.
Travel Media Assistance
Interested in covering Toronto? Fill out our form and let us know how we can help.
We are pleased to provide B-Roll to members of the media. Provide a few details so that we may process your request.
We're here to help! Have
Contact Us »