MOTOR COACH AND BUS PARKING INFORMATION FOR TORONTO
Download our latest motor coach parking brochures:
FREE ON STREET MOTOR COACH & BUS PARKING
Recognizing the importance of the motor coach tour industry to Toronto and the significant number of school and tour groups arriving by bus, Toronto was one of the first cities in North America to implement wide-scale, free on-street parking for motor coaches. The City of Toronto has reserved 86 on street parking spaces exclusively for motor coaches and school buses. These parking spaces are located throughout the downtown core, surrounding central business districts and the Portlands area.
Spaces offered are free of charge to motor coach operators and coaches are allowed to park from 1 hour up to a maximum of 24 hours depending on the location and traffic conditions.
MOTOR COACH PARKING LOCATIONS & MAPS
The City of Toronto website provides detailed information and maps outlining the specific bus and motor coach parking locations in each area of the city, the number of spots available and hours when parking is permitted. This detailed information can be found here.
“PAY & DISPLAY” ON STREET PARKING FOR MOTOR COACHES & BUSES
In addition to the designated motor coach parking spaces available, buses can also park in “Pay & Display” parking areas on Toronto streets as long as adequate space is available and in accordance with any maximum time restrictions, rush hour parking bans and other signed parking restrictions. Drivers need to purchase a ticket from a nearby machine located on the sidewalk and place the ticket face side up on the windshield of the bus.
LOADING & UNLOADING OF PASSENGERS
Motor coach and bus drivers may legally “Stop” to pick-up or drop off passengers in any area where a “No Parking” or “No Standing” Regulation is posted PROVIDED the vehicle is actually ENGAGED in these activities. Motor coaches and buses MAY NOT park or wait in these areas for groups to arrive and will be subject to traffic violation fines if doing so.
At certain locations where there is a high demand for passenger pick-up/drop-off “Motor Coach Loading Areas” are identified with advisory signs. Look for ADVISORY SIGNS at these locations:
- North side of Richmond Street West at the Sheraton Centre
- West side of Victoria Street at the Canon Theatre
- North side of Carlton Street at the Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
- East side of University Avenue at the Hilton Hotel
- North side of King Street West, west of John Street at the TIFF/Bell Lightbox site.
OFF STREET PAID MOTOR COACH & BUS PARKING
While the City of Toronto does not operate any off-street parking facilities suitable for motor coaches and buses, some privately operated parking lots do offer varying hourly, daily and flat rates per stay. Drivers are encouraged to contact independent parking lot operators directly for details relating to their location. Some lots are listed below:
- The Rogers Centre operates a “Pay and Display” parking lot on the south side of Bremner Boulevard, between Spadina Avenue and Rees Street. This facility is conveniently located across from the Rogers Centre and is within a 10-minute walk from the Air Canada Centre, CN Tower, Harbourfront and lake activities, the Entertainment District, Roy Thomson Hall and King Street theatres. (416-341-3057 or 416-341-3010) www.rogerscentre.com/inaround/visitors_parking.jsp
- Pace Properties Parking – selected lots in the downtown core (416-482-2203)
- Car Park Management – selected lots in the downtown core (416-920-3382)
PLEASE ABIDE BY LOCAL PARKING & TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
Toronto is pleased to welcome thousands of motor coaches and buses to our city on an annual basis. The City of Toronto Transportation Services department is continually striving to improve and increase motor coach and bus parking spaces where feasible and encourages drivers to utilize parking areas provided to avoid parking and traffic violations.
Motor coaches and buses PARKED or WAITING in a “No Parking”, “No Standing” or “No Stopping” zone and not loading/unloading passengers could be subject to a $300.00 CDN parking fine. Toronto also enforces an “Anti-Idling” by-law which prohibits idling of a motor coach or bus for more than one minute. Please turn off your engines in respect of our environment and to avoid fines.
Toronto welcomes motor coaches and buses and encourages drivers to abide by local traffic and parking regulations.
In the event that you do receive a traffic violation ticket and you wish to dispute the matter, the City of Toronto website outlines the dispute process at www.toronto.ca/pay-toronto-tickets/parkingtickets/disputingyourticket